Positive Dog Husbandry Class Part 1
Starting April 8, 2021, at 7 PM MDT (GMT-6).
Apr 8, Apr 15, Apr 22, Apr 29.
This 4-week group class covers:
- Definitions: counter conditioning, desensitization, thresholds, emotional responses
- Body Language and body language observation skills
- Thresholds: How to find your dogs thresholds and how to work outside of them
- Food Choice: The importance of choosing the right food for your dog and how to find what their preferences are
- Handler Skills and Mechanics: How to improve your own skills and timing for successful counter conditioning
Each class ends with a small homework assignment. This helps us review your progress and provide feedback if needed.
You will need a camera to record video and the ability to upload videos for review. Videos can be uploaded to your own cloud services, or added to our members-only online forum.
Students will need to join our members-only online forum to access program handouts. A link will follow shortly after sign-up.
All online orders are charged in Canadian Dollars and processed through a third-party payment provider. Canadian residents may purchase programs through Interac e-transfer. Contact Us for more details.
Part 2 is only available to those who've successfully completed Part 1.